Naturally most advertisers spend a great deal of time and effort trying to optimise for non branded search and the product feed business model is well and truly established and looks likely to take more and more ad spend share.
According to Search Engine Land mobile is driving this growth (it seems to be driving everything!) as can be seen by this chart.
- optimising product feeds to meet Google’s feed specifications.
- keeping feeds up-to-date in terms pricing, in stock/out of stock etc.
- Shopping campaigns need to carefully structured and managed intelligently to bid on products and manage negatives effectively to increase optimisation.
- using negatives keywords and setting campaign priorities to ensure campaign traffic is segmented by query type.
- using a smart bidding platform capable of bidding products and devices.
- fast response to any feed errors or other advertising violations; a disapproved ad text or keywords might potentially shut down your account.
- regular search term report analysis to update negative keyword additions.
If you would like further help on this then visit my Google Shopping page let me know.