Advantages of Using Interim Marketing Managers
- Speed of recruitment gives acompany the flexibility to respond to market forces and to implement key decisions rapidly.
- It prevents other management from being distracted. It gives a breathing space to make a well-considered permanent appointment and reduce the risk of making an expensive recruitment mistake.
- Often hands-on managers committed to delivering results, with considerable expertise able to transfer both specialised knowledge and ideas on best practice.
- They are also able to give coaching in general management skills and are happy to help the development of less experienced managers. The objectivity and loyalty from having no political baggage nor personal agenda for advancement within the client organisation.
- Interim managers are not necessarily seeking a permanent job, so they do not pose a threat to permanent members of staff.
- Interim managers are selected for their interpersonal skills, they are generally able to gain the co-operation and respect of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Interim managers may be very welcome where they are involved in start-up scenarios.
- Resourcing is often for a fixed period, at a fixed cost.I have worked as an interim marketing resource for a number of businesses ranging from a day or two per week through to 3 month projects. Its is a flexible, cost effective and task specific approach which works well with businesses.